Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leaky carbs cbr 400

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Dylan05, Dec 27, 2011.

1. I was having a look over the cbr 400 today and fired her up all works fine apart from a bit sticky on the throttle so I removed the tank adjusted them, so all good.

I had a quick look around the engine and noticed a slight leak just under carby #2 I made sure all the screws were tight and that the carby is sitting fine but it still has a slight leak coming from the top of where the joining plate and syncro screws are located.

Would a temp fix like gasket glue work or should I take the carby off and get it looked at? I'm not too mechanically minded plus I'm thinking if the bikes running and getting hot would then the fuel would catch on fire.

2. It COULD just need a new seal, or more likely the float has a hole in it and float bowl is flooding....

3. Thanks Paul I'd better get it checked out

4. found the problem the fuel line was corroded and had a leak