Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leaking coolant (GPX 250r)

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Banana.Monster, Apr 12, 2007.

1. I was at the lights today and all of a sudden something started leaking from the exuast (came out next to the shift lever), it was green and I'm thinking it was coolant, does anyone know what may be causing this :S. After that I rode it home fine, and it didn't leak again, maybe it ran out of coolant :S

EDIT: looks like its coming from a hose and dripping off the exaust, didn't get a good look at it before

also fixed spelling :D
  2. Could have just been the coolant overflow.

I wouldn't be too concerned, it happens from time to time, but best check your coolant level before you next ride it just to be safe.
  3. About to say, it sounds more like a hose or water pump seal.
  4. I think all the coolants gone now :S. I let it cool down then had a quick ride to the shops and the engine temp shot up
  5. the coolant overflow is a rubber hose on the bottom but you say it was leaking from the shift lever side which is where the coolant drain bolt is just do a general check over see if you spot whats happening.
  6. the coolant container is empty, I put some water in it and ran it for a bit to see if I could spot the leak but Its only done it when the engine is really hot