Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leader of the opposition is a rider

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by steve315, Nov 30, 2007.

1. thought I should post up that the new leader of the opposition has been a motorbike rider for a long time.

I read an article about it last year in Road Rider. It might be a help having someone at that level who is an active rider.
  2. Well, whaddaya know...

3. Looks like we all know who to vote for next election . :p
  4. If only he wasn't a Liberal Commie b*stard... :wink: :wink:

Interesting that he used to be an ALP member, though.
  5. A trumpy as well, just anoth RUB :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  6. also caught it last night on the news....he was also part of the union aswell....can't remember excalty what they said he did but i am sure google will know :wink:
  7. The only union he was in was the AMA. That's not a union that's a lobby group IMO.
  8. Yeah, he rides a bike and plays guitar. Just goes to show that anyone can be a complete c#*t.

9. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  10. Dad always said its TABOO to discuss politics, religion or football.
    So as much as I'd like to debate the issue with those people who more than likely have never had to worry about trying to run a SMALL business, ( 65 hr week - NO paid overtime - 2 weeks annual leave - NO sickpay )keep staff employed whilst complying with all the employment commitments that come with it, THEN manage to have enough to pay bills and keep food on the table ....
    I'm keeping 'MUM" [-(
  11. Your dad was boring, oh and I have done what you are doing. I got sick of it and got a job! But I don't have the stamina and that whole 1980's recession thingo. :grin:
  12. :WStupid:
    I know what ya mean about getting sick of it .. :cry:

Oh you mean "the recession we had to have" :?: :p :p
    I'm too old for this shit
  13. Makes you wonder what went wrong with this guy, seems like he was almost human once! He's now one of the dorkiest looking politicians out of the whole bunch of them. Here is an old photo of him - where he really does look human, is this camera tricks!

14. What did he do to help riders while he was in government?
    A- Nothing

It isn't as though this is his first time elected, he was part of Howard's government and was minister for defence, and during that time did nothing to assist riders (that I can find)
  15. Although I find his policies and ethics devious and he was generally pathetic as a Minister especially in the Education & Training area, Nelson did actually introduce the subsidised rider training scheme for the Dept of Defence. If you work in Defence (civilian or military) you can have a training session subidised - I think yearly - I know someone who's on a Stay Upright course this weekend thanks to that.
  16. Rider training scheme, all defence member including reservist and civilians are entitled to a biannual advanced rider coarse (the stayupright advanced course). you would be suprised of the sheer amount of people in defence who ride. in my squadron, the XO, the 2IC, the SSM and about of 1/3 of all the digs ride in some capacity.

some of the issues which affect us riders ie speed limits, parking etc etc are generally planning issues, which by constitution are a state issue, federal govt needs a fuggin good reason to interviene. still having someone that high up as a rider, how can that be a bad thing?

CTP in NSW is a sore point with riders, again a state issue that the federal Govt has little say in.

that picture of him, "mo worries mate" did anyone else think that swaping that guitar with a lever action rifle would make a remarkable resembelance with Ivan Milat??
  17. I don't think he'll do much for bikers anyway. He's got far more important :jerk: things to worry about now.

Besides, Lib's gave us work choices, arguably the worst piece of legislation ever in this country.
  18. Phil was supposed to be on that one but due to instructing duties he had to pull out
    but my bestfriend Sherry is on one in a couple of weeks

huge bonus for the defence this certainly has been

19. ROFL when I first saw it thats who I thought it was too!!!

20. You learn something new every day.

Does it cover contractors?????? I know I can't even use the gym on base so I doubt it does.