Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

LCD number plate cover

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Zealt, Feb 19, 2008.

1. I saw a rego plate cover on Ebay a couple of weeks back what was an LCD screen so at the touch of a button you could frost the thing up and block the number plate.

Anyone got one? I'm sure its highly illegal but would be handy for ummm....
    .... something.
  2. Ask this bloke.
    Also ask the countless other blokes like him who read these forums as well as government types.

3. Naughty, naughty! ;)

These sorts of devices attract substantially large fines and are considered by The Man to be as loathsome as Radar detector detector detectors :roll:
  4. My bro got caught with a radar detector in the car the other day, and he told the cop it was legal in Australia and New Zealand. Cop let him off :LOL: :LOL:

Just put the Plate on a cabinet hinge and kick it up. :p
  5. Or practice stretching your leg back and put your foot over the plate.. :grin:

Id end up loosing my foot/leg to the wheel. :oops:
  6. ahhah ask the cops, LOL :LOL: :LOL:
  7. What has this got to do with anything?
    Sorry I must have missed where he asked whether or not it was legal.

Back to topic - anyone got one?
  8. No, I don't have one.

The LCD plate protectors are often sold for folks who "show" road legal cars and bikes so that the licence plate can be obscured when on public showing.
  9. Ah yes this is true. I remember discussing this with a mate when he entered his car into Autosalon. Still, it would be handy as I now only have 3 points left on my license... :(
  10. OT Some people are slow learners. :LOL: :LOL:
  11. Even if someone here did have and use one, I doubt if they would admit it on a public forum such as this.