Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

LCD Monitor PRoblems - Vertical digital lines.

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by MattyB, Dec 18, 2006.

1. I have a Viewsonic 17" LCD (or is it 19", i dunno) monitor,

I'm starting to get some problems with it, every now and then it gives me flickering vertical lines (sometimes multicoloured, mostly black with flickering colours) in the mid-tones and darker areas.

really thin and are only showing on certain colours at certain times

at the moment they're flickering on reds, all the red text and the red honda's in the ad to our left have flickering black lines through them.

anyone know whats wrong? is the monitor stuffed, or the video card, or the plug/pins?

2. I'd check the viewsonic website for an Aussie number to call and get them to look/fix it, rembmer to have teh monitor and reciept of purchase in front of you for warrantee purposes... They'll even come and collect it for ya ;)

3. Remove any appliances underneath, on or nearby the monitor that may be creating any electro-magnetic fields.

Ensure your cables are tight and plugged in properly.

Get a new signal cable to the monitor.

Try the monitor on another computer. Compare.

Try another monitor on YOUR computer. Compare.

If they fail to rectify the problem and monitor is faulty & out of warranty, then it's clearly rooted/too small and you should buy this.

:)