Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Launceston bound

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by nil_orally, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Hey folks, can anyone recommend a motel or place to stay in Lonnie?

I am heading off there tonight for work and play (in Lonnie???), and will be back on Sunday. Plan to head to Beauty Point and see the seahorse farm, but what are other places to see?

2. I can recommend Adina Place , greats views and a SPA bath . Are you taking the bike ? If so , you must do the Launceston to St Marys run, one word , BRILLIANT . The gorge is a good place to see , 20 minute walk from town centre .
  3. A walk (and swim) in Launceston's Cataract Gorge is just beautiful.
  4. No bike, unfortunately. Fly in and out. Day's work on Friday, then next two to myself.

Thanks for the info guys.
  5. DUDE, get the ferry over thursday night...... About the same price as the airfair....

Take the bike
  6. I can seond the Adina. I stayed there on the Ducati Turismo. Very comfortable.
    If you like fine food there is the old Mill House, by the bay and on the way to the Cataract Gorge, on the edge of the city. :D :D :D
  7. Think I haven't thought of that? :? Especially since the bike only costs $5 to get there.

Unfortunately, have to go by plane. Going with someone else, who is a non-rider and pertified of bikes (especially as my pillion 8-[

The hire car is tax-deductable anyway (small consolation).
  8. YHA is good if you have to pay for accomm. yourself.
  9. Oh man, I wish that I'd known about that when I was on the Turismo... :roll:
  10. How about these ones?

not sure if there's a chocolate factory close by tho' :p
  11. Allright :!:
    It hadn't occured to me; in my home state. Its not just at Mataranka or Rotorua. :D :D :D