Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Latest model CBR1000 - you ugly!!!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by pringa8, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Was just in Canberra Motorcycle centre and the ugliest thing caught my eye - the new CBR1000. It's like they took the old one and punched in the face or rammed it into a brick wall where the whole body compacted!! Here's a photo, i've never seen Honda go so wrong with a sportsbike after such a run of nice CBRs

2. Your not really seeing this for the first time are you?

Might grow on you, certainly is on me.
  3. I'd have one in a flash.
  4. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :p

Its not ugly, but its not beautiful either.
  5. I think they look pretty good.

The stock muffler sounds fantastic too.
  6. I like it. Looks, more sporty. lightweight.

They really are stretching the definition of "faired bike" though eh :p
  7. It ain't the new one. It's been on sale for over a year. And it actually grows on you, a bit like a wart, but it does get better.
  8. I'm with 'hundy, I've been saying it's fugly since I first saw it.

Wouldn't kick it out of bed if they were giving them away, but it's no looker.
  9. Totally agree, it's an ugly piece of work that looks like a 2 dollar hooker, and although it may grow on you, it will grow on you like a 2 dollar hooker. I thought I will never like the look of them. That was until i saw one dressed up in race glass. Mmmm, then she looks like a cheeky little vixen who flirts with you. I wanted to touch her and caress her and make sweet sweet love to her...
    ...but the owner was standing there and couldn't be persuaded to leave. :evil:
  10. well it is a Honda, what Honda looks good :shock: :bolt: :grin:

i suppose it will be like the new big bang R1, will grow on people, your eyes havnt focused yet, it will over time
  11. I'd have one. And probably will eventually :)
  12. I don't think its ugly per se. Just not as good looking as the zx10.
  13. Wish it had dual headlights. Looks so stupid without.
  14. It does have cool white lamps in the mirrors though.
    Quite distinctive on the road.

1/4wit - you don't find it sounds a little mechanical?
    A friend of mine has one; and you hear more engine than exhaust. He can't wait to get a pipe on it.
  15. I hated it at first, but now i dont mind it, wouldnt buy one, but it looks like a softer lookin bike, smooth and plump. AND yes punched in the nose.
  16. Not a fan at all. It looks cheap and 'plasticy' to me.

Of course, it is probably the best sportsbike in the world right now.

But the 900-100's of the past 10 years with proper fairings look so much better.

I'm not really a fan of the half-fairing look of some of the latest sportsbikes.
  17. FIRST thing that popped into mind with that bulbous old model was the starship enterprise hahah
  18. well the beauty is only skin deep. i couldnt care what it looks like if i was riding a full blown sports bikes, its all the functional stuff that matters

however, it does look like something i would have built out of mechano as a kid. something really really bad :p
  19. Old racing mechanics used to have a saying about ugly race cars. They used to say, "If it goes fast, it will look good".

It looks good.
  20. Are you kidding? Thats ugly as sin.

I didnt first like the new one when it came out, but it definitely grows on you and it looks alot better in the flesh/on the road.