Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Latest addition to the forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Kalihora, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Hi all,

I've been following the forum silently for a while doing my research for my first bike. You guys have been very helpful so thank you all.

I've done my first ever riding on a CB125E April last year on my first day of the Q-Ride course. Ended that day with a little accident that hurt. Next one was on December and passed the test without any injuries which was more fun :]

After a long research for a learner friendly, forgiving, easy to handle yet powerful enough bike to keep me going for a while, I've decided and purchased my baby, a black 2014 CBR500R ABS with less than 50km on it.

I've managed to ride for a few days before the rain started. Waiting for the sun to shine again for more riding as I'm not yet ready to ride on wet roads.

Now I have the licence and my baby, I'll be more active in the forum getting advice from your experiences and maybe hoping to meet you guys at an event one day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Congratulations on De-Lurking and on the new bike.

3. G'day KalihoraKalihora, welcome to Netrider. Congratulations getting your licence and CBR500R. They look great in all colours and black is my favourite.

4. A pretty bike, the 500..
    Welcome to Netrider

5. welcome aboard :)

6. Welcome to NR...

7. Welcome fellow Honda rider. I have the CB 500 F. Great bike. Brought it with 900 km 2014 model and now have close to 3.5K. Still on L's and looking to complete MOST in next few weeks. All the best and enjoy the new bike.

8. What do you mean by completing most? I'm also new to the terms

9. The P's test.

10. MOST - Motorcycle Operators Skills Test

11. After a week of watching my bike under a shade, waiting the roads to dry, I geared up (yes I'm ATGATT) jumped on it, turned the ignition on and then get off and put it back into the garage....

Can anyone recommend me a good battery charger?

12. Welcome :D

13. Not good, I am surprised that it would go flat after a week of sitting but perhaps the battery was not in good condition if it had been sitting on the dealers floor for a while. You need to take it for a long ride at cruising speed not stop start traffic to get it to charge.

If you are going to let it sit for a while often then a battery tender is the best option. This automatically charges and then shuts down to a maintenance charge. The CTEK brand has a good name. If you are short of cash or you wont be leaving the bike without being regularly ridden for a distance then any small automotive charger will do. Don't leave them connected for long periods if they don't have an automatic maintenance charge.

14. My man! Good choice (y)
    Welcome to NR KalihoraKalihora

15. While we are on the subject...can the fuel injected bikes be push started?

16. I think it can be done given that the battery is not completely drained. Just my thoughts though correct me if I'm wrong.

But I didn't wanna risk not being able to start at the end of the hill and I wouldn't be able to push it back up alone.

17. My battery reads 13 volts.. Don't tell anyone that I forgot the kill switch...

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. NO I WON'T TELL A SOUL THAT YOU TRIED STARTING YOUR BIKE WITH THE KILL SWITCH ON!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

19. Nah, we wont tell anyone! I reckon that's the first time that ANYONE ever has tried to do that. Not speaking from experience of course....

And welcome to the clan