Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Latest accessory for the cashed up motorcyclist

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by mike8863, May 27, 2010.

1. Just got to have me one of those......:bolt:

Attached Files:

2. mine's faster down the straight!
    Rossi's laptimes always inch me out of pole position though. every time :)
  3. My computer must be a Stoner then...

Always crashes!
  4. $1200 isn't much for a laptop... is the laptop actually good? I want one... 8-[
  5. Aside from the obvious Gateway -mad cow disease joke......:-s

Intel® Pentium® Processor SU4100 , (1.30GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB, 10W)
    Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    4GB 1066MHz DDR3 dual-channel SDRAM support (2 × 2G8), Expandable to 8GB using two soDIMM modules
    500GB 5400rpm SATA
    Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Certified™ wireless LAN, Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)

Seems to lack an optical drive....(dvd-rw, blueray combo), also to my mind the cpu's somewhat lacking in grunt, and only an 11" screen...:eek:hno:8-[
  6. 11" screen. It's a netbook then not a notebook. Also explains why there is no optical drive.
  7. the Apple AirBook competition?
    (except it has ethernet and probably more than 1 usb port)
  8. So many nerds online!
  9. Oi. I resemble that remark.
    Anyway geek is sexy
  10. Everyone knows Geek is sexy!

But I'll prob stay with my mac for another 3 years or more
  11. To a point. Then it goes from being sexy to being scary with no intermediate steps. Never get into a conversation with computer science students about code optimisation.
  12. gee gateway, i remember when they flooded the australian market, didnt work for them and shut up shop in oz
  13. Designed by Valentino Rossi? How much time did they give him?
  14. the artwork on Rossi's bike that the laptop is based on was actually penned by an artist called Aldo Drudi (http://www.drudiperformance.com/)

apparently the same artist who gave us this scrap of eye candy-
  15. Ah yes! So true... Sometimes they just go on and on and I standing there thinking "they expect me to know this schtuff?!?"

I need a sexy geek... maybe in a few years. Got my bikes to love and pamper right now :D

16. It's fairly expensive for these days. Especially that it was said in here( I haven't checked), that it's an 11" netbook, 10.1" netbooks (EEEPCs) are under $400 new these days.

http://www.myshopping.com.au/PT--3_Laptops can give some idea on prices (probably not THE BEST if you want to save the most $$ and hunt about either)
  17. I said that BEFORE I knew it was a netbook :)
  18. "notebook" ??

Is that one er them computah's ye can't play the games on?
  19. basically, yeah
  20. It's an 11.6in netbook with no optical drive but a standard HDD not a solid state like most?