Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Late notice Vic ride to Walhalla/Thompson Dam Sunday 18/11

Discussion in 'VIC' started by ZX9A6, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys I am doing a ride to Walhalla/Thompson Dam via Tom Tom (Medion) so it will be semi mystery ride.
    It will be a big day and may end up at the Black Spur cafe late arvo, so meeting point is Emerald shell leaving at 10.00am
    Its open for idea's for lunch and arvo smoke o so let me know if you can make it weather should be good to

Regards Bruce
    Netrider # 3962
  2. Re: Late notice Vic ride to Walhalla/Thompson Dam Sunday 18/

I recommend the pub at Walhalla. Had a noice hamburger there last Monday.

Oh, be careful on the road into Walhalla itself. There are one or two corners that had a fair bit of fine black gravelly stuff. One that comes to mind was the first right hander hairpin after you turn off the Tyers-Rawson road to go into the township.

Also, if you're going via Noojee, the Red Parrot (or whatever color parrot it is) cafe does a nice coffee and cake.

If it wasn't for dayshift tomorrow I'd probably would have done this one.

Have fun.
  3. I was up that way last weekend, it was fantastic.

If wouldn't slow you all down I would come.

Have a great day!
  4. Thanks mjt57 for the heads up on the corners and also the pub & cafe all sound good to me.

holster I dont care what speed I keep fast/slow that to is all good the point is getting out and having a great day

But on the weather front may need to pack the wet weather gear have to wait and see.

5. If the weather looks to be clear, I'll see you there tomorrow, so a tentative yes from me.
  6. Right then a maybe from me, I'll make sure the battery on the bike is charged and see how it looks in the morning.
  7. There's a storm system going through, that'll likely clear over Melbourne by 11am, but if we head east as planned, we'll be following it. I'm out. I'll likely head out for a ride this afternoon when things have cleared.
  8. OK OK Me thinks the ride will not be happening today what a bugger,been sitting here in bed watching the sky fill up right out to the far east as far as I can see and thats BAW BAW and beyond.

Oh well
  9. Damn.

Next time...
  10. You guys are probably spewing now. We got bugger all rain. And the edge of a storm cell currently going through the region barely touched on that part of the ranges.

As they say in the classics, "next time, huh?"

Well, I'm looking forward to next weekend. Friday, down the GOR to W'bool. Sat, across the Grampians to Ballarat. Sun, home to Gippsland via one of the Spurs, Yarra J and Noojee...
  11. Warnambool is a great spot... have a good ride sounds like it will be with that route in mind...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.