Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Last nights fun on VTR250

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pro-pilot, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Well must say first time I've ridden a VTR250 in my life, and admit that its a pretty good ride... for communting of course.

Took my new cbr600 in to get an ackra and powercommander fitted and took the VTR as a loan bike while here in Melb. the rains belted down with no mercy.

Much to my surprise she handled magnificently in the wet, and criss-crossed slippery tram tracks without a hitch.

Was scarry being in such an exposed and naked seating position though, felt like didn't have a bike underneath me at all.

For those of you who want to master u-turns. I can recommend this number as I did a few with the VTR and it perfoms the tightest ones ive ever done.

p.s. Can't wait to get my cbr back tricked out!! :grin:
  2. thought you would have just not returened the VTR ;)

there is a reason that they are become one ofthe most popular learner bikes around...
  3. tell me about it !
    thats one reason i'm finding it hard parting off with mine !

I left it outside overnight last week and when I got up in the morning she was covered all over with frost !! :eek: . . . . choke on, and she started first go ! And during the rains here in Syd, the poor thing was belted with rain all day and still kepts on going and going !

I use mine for commuting, top bike to go in and out of traffic.
  4. I LOVE my vtr :p
  5. yeah they are becoming so popular that you see em all the time. i hope i wont see quite so many firestorms around

6. Last nights fun for you is EVERYDAYS fun for me :p
  7. Nah, the natural progression from the VTR is to the Duc Monster.

Afterall, the VTR is just a baby monster anyway.
  8. nope !
    I thought the same.
    But owning both I can say that the Monster is a different beast all together !!!

Appearance . . yes !

But soul . . NO !
  9. Micky,

Is the monster lacking soul?? :?
  10. They just need to make a VTR 600 for the LAMS systems when it enters!