Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

larger size ladies jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by evilkowie, Jan 16, 2009.

1. ARGH!

Everything fits weirdly. I am a big girl. Broad back, big hips, big boobs. I'm going to the gym but I don't want to ride for months without gear.

My back is too broad for motodry womens, my hips are too big for Dririder. Some of the smaller sizes are even short in the arms.

Mens jackets have giant arms and balloon on the boobage/tight on the hips... At the moment I am wearing my brothers RJays jacket and its very uncomfortable - its waterproof lining is stuck to it so its hot and fits wrong.

I really want to wear protective gear but I need some level of comfort.

I have found a potential jacket made by IXON - its called 'cheek'.. goes up to 7XL. Supposedly designed for larger girls while keeping sensible arm lengths. However I cannot find one to try on and really don't want to order online incase I guess my size incorrectly.

Does anyone know anywhere in Perth that stocks these jackets? I couldnt find them at Total Motorcycle Acessories in Vic Park... I'm stuck in Perth for a month and would like to return to Syd with some type of protective gear.

Also, anyone know any other brands that go above 20?

2. Safety gear = Good!
    Couldn't turn up any info on Google, have you tried perthriders.com? They might have some more specific info on IXON stockists in that part of the world.

3. maybe something in leather custom made would do the trick??

more dollars initially, but would last a long time and fit spot on....

4. As a bigger guy l was having the same problem, l found a mob in Adelaide called Traxion that stock lager sizes and also custom make. Good quality and good prices. They also have phone and internet ordering and frieght is well priced