Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Larger Riding Gear

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by 2wheelsagain, Dec 7, 2005.

1. G'day. Just wondering who makes riding gear in "larger" sizes? There is plenty around for high revving midgets but what about those of us with some serious torque behing us? :)

Cheers,
    Chris.

2. Hey Chris,

Seems you are having the same probs I have jst had to deal with.

I have just purchased a new pair of leather pants, after looking around for ages the best way to go I found was getting a pair custom made from Scorpion Race gear- www.scorpionracegear.com.au

I have only been for a couple of rides but am very happy with them, plus you are paying under $300.00 for fitted pants.

Cheers

Brett

3. It depends on what you call larger. I weigh in at 116kg and can normally get into standard gear. The problem is finding someone that stocks them. You can normally see the size ranges made on web sites.

4. Im a 6ft 1inch 120 odd kgs. I found Motodry stuff to be rather generous in the larger sizes. Especially compared to the cheaper gear. DriRider also make larger sizes, but again, it can be hard to find a place that stocks them to try them on. Peter Stevens in the city seemed happy to get a larger size in for me to try. The other route are custom made stuff. Black Rose in Port Melbourne, Under Dog Leathers and Tiger Angel do custom fits. They also do Synthetic stuff aswell

5. Draggin Jeans offer larger sizes. Mars Leathers also have big sizes on the rack. I'm 6'5 and pretty damn heavy - I was able to get off-the-rack items at both.

But I wanted a pair of leather pants - will check those two out as well now.