Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Lap Timing Apps - Eastern Creek (SMP)

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by mr_muffman, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Just wondering whether anyone here has had much experience using a GPS lap timing app on an iPhone at Sydney Motorsport Park? Thinking about getting one of the following as both come pre-loaded with the track and would love to know of any of you have any feedback, good or bad.

Harry's Laptimer
    iLapTimer (I or II)

2. I just downloaded "track addict "
    It's got eastern creek loaded in it. Haven't used it yet but will do in Jan when I'm there again
  3. Download TrackAddict - it's free and does integrated video with gps info overlay
  4. Thanks guys, wasn't aware of that one. I've downloaded TrackAddict now and will give it a go on the 17th December when I'm out there next.

I was hoping to hear some feedback/comments on how accurate the lap timing is. Anyone used the app at the track?
  5. I'm planning on using it this Sunday at ECreek. Bought a secure RAM mount for my HTC M9 android phone and the biggest high speed Ram Micro SD I could find. Good for 50m @1080.

Could never try it on my little Duke 390. Being single cylinder the image was never stable enough. The new MV is of course much more balanced giving better footage.

I need to get a tether attached to the ram mount base to pass scrutineering. You then get a camera sticker on your bike that they check before each session.
  6. Cool let me know how you go GeorgeO. I've had the GoPro out there mounted on the tank in the past and I was pretty happy with the way it turned out, so I'll go with that again and hopefully merge the GoPro vid with the timing data available from TrackAddict using RaceRender.
  7. Have you looked at RaceChrono app? for now it is available for Android devices.