Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lap Apron

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by happy.grl, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Does anybody know of any stockists of "lap aprons" in australia?

They look like http://www.scooterworks.com/Lap_Cover_for_P_Series_Bajaj_P2271C204.cfm

and I would need one to fit a Bolwell Bella.

Also, to anyone who might have one, are they worth buying - do they keep you warm and are they waterproof?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks heaps
  2. Sorry I can't help. Fisrt time i,ve seen lap apron....
  3. Probably something best just ordering from UK, will be much more common over there and cheaper.

Theres quite a few dedicated scooter shops popping up around the place so one of them might have stock, but in the qty they would be selling they probably get them at the same one off price you could order one from overseas at + 30%
  4. Cool, thanks, I'll look into it
  5. They are model specific and are usually made (or at least sold by) the manufacturers through the dealer network.

For instance, when i had my Aprilia Sportcity, there was one in the Aprilia product list, which the dealer could have ordered from Italy for me.

Wouldnt be surprised if only the European makes do them, but good luck with your search.
  6. Hehe - makes your scooter look like a kayak! Never knew you could get things like that... although I did see a scooter with a roof. :?
  7. It kinda does look like a kayak now that I think about it, but with the Melbourne weather.......

Thanks jmuzz, the problem that I have with ordering from UK is the fit - I'd hate to spend $150+ and get something that doesn't fit like it should.

Oh well. On with my search.
  8. Looks like just the thing to stop your skirt or business slacks getting wet. :wink:

Why not just buy a car? :? :LOL:
  9. I thought that something like this would work better on a rainy day !!! :grin:
  10. A good trimer should be able to make one up for around $150-200, in other colours than black too.
    They'll need the bike and probably you to measure/mark it up.
    I am thinkng of knocking one up for the GTR when I get some spare cash for a machine or start working again.

Regards, Andrew.
  11. Are they safe ?

What happens if you need to lower the landing gear in an emergency ?
    Does it get in the way ??
  12. What the....

I just noticed that my last post came from Shaggy, I suppose that's what happens when you use someone else's computer :)

As far as being safe, I've never used one, but I've read a reviews saying that they don't interfere with your feet and keep you warm and dry, and 80% of the scooters that I saw in Geneva recently had one attached with no issues (but the girls were also riding in heels and a skirt so maybe it's not the best recommendation???)