Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lane splitting: it doesn't look *that* dangerous....

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by moike, Feb 19, 2006.

1. #1 moike, Feb 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. A second dan lane splitter.

3. Thats just crazy, how has that dude survived so long. He seems to hover between 60-80k's most of the time. How he squezzes through some of those gaps is beyond me (particularly between trucks). Though I'm pretty sure I heard a few dings of his mirrors hitting stuff on the way though.

4. I' be suprised if he had mirrors on at all, some of those gaps were mighty tight :shock:

5. Ride briefing:

Ok, so we will be doing some lane spliting until we get out of town. I know a lot of you are newbies, so we're not going to be stupid about it. We'll just take it nice and easy. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

6. he must have made great time getting to work!

7. Not a bad run there!

No sure about splitting b/w trucks on both sides tho :shock:

8. Really Kishy?

I,m absolutely sure on the splitting between moving truck things. My mind is totally made up on the subject
    :grin: :grin:

9. Haha, what a nutter!

10. That rider is nuts!
    Amazing to watch though.

I don't think he could be expected to keep that up and not find himself in an accident very soon.

11. Its safer than it looks in that the traffic jam is so congested
    that no one changes lanes or has the ability too..

How many gaps were there, or how many vehicles were able
    to, or did change lanes?

Not many at all

12. Spot on :) After a while it just becomes second nature...Learning to read the traffic is the trick.
    If your not sure; don't become a courier :LOL:

13. I dont think the guy has any mirrors ......he knocked them off a long time ago! :grin:

14. Wow was an extreme sport on ESPN?

Imagine doing that to get to work and back...

Top Video

15. :shock: :shock: :shock: This guy was in a rush :shock: :shock: :shock:

Some of those gaps were so small I could almost see him under the wheel of some of the cages.

If traffic was light that going to work then I'll be taking the train to work.

16. It was scary seeing him take some of those narrower gaps while cranked over. Couldn't see far ahead.

17. When I started couriering I'd never lanesplat before, mind you I'd only been riding for 7 months. Didn't make much money the first week. A very steep learning curve for the first couple of months. Four years later. Piece of cake :grin:

18. :popcorn: :eek: i love it!!! my type of riding :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: O:)

19. very impressive
    though i dont think i would try lane splitting in between two tucks
    just too scared lol

20. It's a case of what you get used to.
    Generally, I ride in the country.
    However, with this recent task of ferrying models about the city on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday afternoon, I've been riding in a group with three other much more, shall we say, experienced city riders. :grin: :grin: :grin:
    The learning experience has been invaluable, particuclarly with the Melb. CBD becoming security and gridlocked, in the run up to the Comm. Games.