Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lane Splitting in Adelaide

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by JohnVTR, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Hello all,

I was lane filltering though standing traffic at the lighs on the main centeral street in Adelaide yesterday. I stopped 2 cars short of the front when I spotted hanging out the drivers window of a late model SS Commodore a blue shirt sleave with a South Aust Police badge. When the lights turned green I moved into the lane to the right of him? he sat there and waited untill I had passed and then he followed me through the next 3 sets of lights and again when I turned off, I then lost him in more traffic, I was more concerned about being done for excess noise, as there is an intersection here that takes your photo for speeding, runing a red light or for excess noise, so I hae been warned.

I rode upto Elizabeth where we are working on Saturday with my Rego lable covering the plate, there are lots of speed cameras on Nth Road. On the way back I stopped to get fuel and while in paying a Police car pulled into for fuel also, I managed to move the lable and nothing was said but then I was thinking as I rode off I was not riding at the time so was not doing anything wrong at the time.

BTW the female Officer who was in paying for the fuel was gorgeous, an absolute 10!!

2. Really which one is that??? I might go set some fire crackers off there :p

3. that would be the one my BF got busted at 2 weeks ago for doing 72kph ..cnr of lower north east rd & sudholz rd. he rode through & got flashed. we're eagerly awaiting the fine.

actually I got followed for quite a while on grand junction road on saturday by a copper. I was all excited about passing my test & didn't notice I was doing 65kph, and I was weaving a bit on the bike. next thing I know there's a car behind me so I slow down & stop being silly. he followed me for about 10 mins up the road then did a u turn & went the other way. I breathed a sigh of relief & went back to being silly.

4. Doh! On a lighter side i got flashed by one once and never saw the fine... On my L's at the time too :p

Lol :LOL: :LOL: U just can't help being silly sometimes :p