Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

LAMS recomendation?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by 00oli, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Hi all,

Am just about to do the pre-learner course, and was wondering what kind of bike is generally best for a new learner. I'm after a naked, if only because I know I'll almost certainly drop it, and am around 6 foot and 90kg. I'd be using the bike for just about everything, as I lack a car licence, but wouldn't be going further than 45 minutes at a time on it. Looking to spend about 4k, although this could be increased slightly if my parents decide to help me out :)

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance
  2. Same question asked 241235235 times before, this week :p

Check out the link in my signature.
  3. Hey, as mentioned before there are a few posts on this so loook around and you will find some different stuff. IMO the hornet, the bandit and the gs500 are worth looking at. These come naked and are a said to be good for taller people, though i dont know from first hand experience. They seem to be good looking bikes though. I am in the same position as you, about to get my L's and am looking for a bike, hope it all goes well.
  4. I'm 5'11 (180cm) and have a Suzuki GSF250V (bandit or 'baby' bandit), I feel comfortable on it. It is a 'bigger' sized 250 bike.
  5. Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the advice muchly