Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

LAMS question... GS500 or F

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Fluffy Bunny Feet, Nov 15, 2005.

1. I'm just wondering about the Suzi GS500F... Is that a GS500 or is it a totally different bike coz it has an F? The LAMS list we have states that GS500's are ok to ride, which sounds a dam bit better than being stuck my GPX but I'd prefer the F model.. is that gonna be classed as the same bike?

2. Going on the specs from the 2005 model the kw/t figure is 140 so it falls below the LAMS limit for learner riders of 150kw/t. It might pay to ring Transport SA to double check though.
  3. Yep same bike underneath, although the faired version is a few kilos heavier which makes its power to weight ratio lower - the fairing should theoretically mean a higher top speed/better fuel economy.
  4. Where did you get those specs from??? I'm trying to work it out and specs i found stated it to work out to 200 odd KW per T... I wanna find out if other bikes like the Kawa ER-5 can go on the list but havn't been put on.
  5. i'm sure kwaka er-5 is LAMS in NSW though
  6. Bugger I thought we copied that list, but it's not on the version i have...
  7. I cant remember which website i found the specs on but the weight was 180kg and power was 48PS (which equates to 35.30kW). Add 70kg for rider and you get 140kW/t. The formula is

---------------------------- X 1000 = kW/t
    weight of bike plus rider

To get kW from PS use PS X 0.7355 = kW

The LAMS system allows for 90kg for a bike 250cc or less and 70kg for a bike 251cc - 660cc.
  8. The ER500A and ER500C are on the SA list.
  9. Ok kewl i wasn't sure if the ER500 was the ER5 or just an older version...

And i wasn't adding weight for rider :p

Cheers dude!
  10. Hey Fluffy,

If I get time tomorrow, I'll go downstairs and ask the twits at MotorReg, why the "F" isnt on the list. It should be - cause it is the same as a GS500