Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

LAMS - For a short rider

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by joalgajase, May 24, 2011.

1. My wife is in the process of getting her license. She is 5 foot 2 inches tall and finds most bikes that she is on both tippy toes.

She would like a sports road bike ( she has sat tried CBR250RR - a bit tall). Does anyone have any suggestion for road bike she might find more suitable for her height? Or the best bike to lower for her?

2. Most bikes are lower-able, so it's really just a matter of finding one that you like and then getting it lowered (and don't forget to either shorten the sidestand or kick it out).
  3. Use the search function, theres many threads with the answers you seek young padawan
  4. GPX 250 might be a good choice as long as she is not too picky in terms of "sporty" appearances.
  5. My missus is 5'2" also (actually, more like 5'1")

She also wanted a sporty appearance and had the same sort of trouble. In the end she got a Kawasaki VN250 Eliminator cruiser. Flat footed quite easily on it, very easy/forgiving to ride and a real head-turner.

Totally not what she was after, and she hated it at first, but once she got to try it out she fell in love with it, couldn't be happier.
  6. That's the thing, you can pick almost any of the standard "first bikes" and you will probably fall in love with it.
  7. How about Kawasaki Ninja 250?

I have sat on them and feel comfortable on even the non-lowered ones. I am 5ft 2".

8. Yamaha Virago 250 - low seat, light & easy to ride.
  9. I was going to suggest this also. My missus is 4’11” and can handle this alright. Not a sports bike though
  10. My missus has one of those too (well v-star 250, so same shit)
    Except, shes 5'11", not 4'11"
  11. I'm 5 foot 1 inch and started out on a Virago 250. Could flat foot it easily. Don't forget extra thick soles on boots can help add a bit of height too but just be sure that it doesn't interfere with gear changing.