Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

LAMS and penalties

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by qsign, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi there! I am new here, so sorry if my question been posted before and even beaten to death - I have searched but found nothing.

What exact penalty for riding non-LAMS bike when licence still restricted to LAMS bikes only?

2. Death.

In other words, nobody here wants to help you decide to flaunt the law and put everyone else at risk by voiding all sorts of insurance etc.

have a nice day.
  3. Damn, you beat me to a smart arse response!!!
  4. Surely it is smart answer and surely I already found it in this site under "ASK VIC!". But considering that death penalty is absent in Australia I still like to hear proper answer.

5. Thanks, but it is not good enough. Firstly I am sure that this is about car license. And secondly what if it is not high-powered bike? Virtually all cruisers falling below 150 kw/t even those with big engines. However they not LAMS compliant because engine capacity over 660.
    Also what happens if it not probationary license? Those who have full car license never get probationary motorbike one (in VIC as least), but they rather print restriction on the back.
    I been searching answer out of curiosity, but could not find it anywhere.

6. I was wondering the same.....
  7. Bugger off if that's not a good enough answer n00b. Ring VicRoads
    & question them about information provided on their website.

& make sure you READ THIS before you post in this forum again.
  8. Insurance companies wont cover you if you're riding something you're not licensed for - this is the real issue. Next to that, a few points and a fine is meaningless.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.