Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lake Mountain Fire Relief Ride - Push Bike May 2nd

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by donski1, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Well, some of you turned up for the 'other' ride, sat on your arses and wriggled your right wrists a little to show support. This day is a chance to REALLY show how much you care and how much effort you're REALLY willing to put in. :p

Come on, who's up for it? I'm guessing there'll be a couple of you at least - good training day for Round the Bay - Rob, Goosh. I've signed up for the 70km, I think the 135km one would just make me cranky!

Get in quick - entries close April 24

2. Some more details:

Event Snapshot
    Date Saturday 2 May 2009
    Time 8.30 am
    Start Marysville
    Finish Lake Mountain
    Distance 70km or 135km
    Entries Click here
    Course Maps/profile - CyclingProfiles.com.au
    Format This is a recreational ride. It is not a race.
    Website Official site

Event Highlights
    Fully supported ride including medical and mechanical support and refreshment stops
    Electronic timing available
    Giveaway bags full of fantastic sponsor products
    Event village with entertainment for the whole family
    Aid stations to keep you refreshed throughout the ride
    The course will be well sign posted, marshalled & traffic managed to ensure the safety of all participants
    Qualified First Aid Officers will provide medical support around the course
    On course photographer to capture those memorable moments
    Your chance to ride on quiet country roads located only 90 minutes from Melbourne
    Test yourself on the Lake Mountain climb
    Enjoy the scenic country views on offer throughout the Murrindindi Shire
  3. i havent ridden in 2 months. if i had more than two weeks to get back on and train, i'd definately be up for this. i might still be in, but i doubt it. really dont like the idea of hurting myself with a hillclimb from marysville to lake mountain summit...
  4. thats completely nuts. 140km including skyline rd and marysville to lake mountain. talk about suicide :LOL:

round the bay is a piece of cake compared with this!

it just gets more and more tempting :twisted:
  5. hey donna.. i saw this posted on the push bike forums and am so tempted to do it.... but only one problem... i dont have it free so therefore can not go... which i am sad about..

but goodluck for the ride.... i'm sure it will be a whole lot of fun.. with a little bit of pain :)
  6. Well, I'm sure you'll all be terribly relieved to know they have extended the entry registration date out to the 29/4 (can't imagine why).

So for all you procrastinators, now there's no excuse. C'mon people, it'll make you appreciate your motorbike even more after this.