Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

L Plates Be Gone!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by RockRiffRoger, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Hey NR,
    I am now free of the dreaded hi-viz and L plates! Woot.
    No more po-po-stress when filtering! :)
    After having my licence course cancelled on Friday because of the toxic tip fire in Somerton, HART put on an extra session yesterday afternoon.
    Turns out the licence test isn't so bad. Just had to try not to psych myself out about the light box (emergency stop/swerve).
    If anyone is looking for a licence course, or learners for that matter, I can recommend HART. I've done two courses with them now and got a lot out of each.
    I also need to thank hawklordhawklord and GreyBMGreyBM for the Saturday practice sessions. No doubt that these helped a tonne.
    Cheers,
    -RRR

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Congrats. Time to update your signature, no longer a learner rider, although the learning never stops. (y)

3. Thanks for the heads up GoozaGooza .
    The learning does indeed go on. I'll still be down at practice on any Saturday I can make it.

4. Congratulations, good to hear that you have ditched the hi vis and the yellow plate tailgater attractors.

5. Nothing seems to stop an intent tailgater.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Congrats on passing!

7. Well done RRR (y) Congratulations!!! Great feeling I remember all too well, having lost my "Looser" plate and a "highly visible clown" vest mid-September. Now you can "blend in" with the rest of the riding community, but learning will never stop. All the best on your riding journey, stay safe!

8. Congratulations, see you Sat.

9. Congrats!!

Just passed my licence test yesterday and when we wear practicing the lightbox kept playing up at the point where the light didn't go off and some of us rode straight towards the lightbox and missed it by a few meters!! It was pretty dangerous and it made us more nervous!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Congrats (y):)