Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

L-plater Hyosung rider on ANZAC Br this morning !

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Mickyb V9, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Was it you ???

I felt sorry for the rider.
    On the way to work this morning was a L-plater with his bike leaned up against the concrete on the outer most lane on the city bound side of the ANZAC Br in peak hour traffic ! :( There he was holding up one of the most busiest lanes in the Sydney road network, copping heaps of abuse from drivers and also having buses glaring down on him.

A few other riders stopped to give assistance, but he seemed to have a serious problem with the bike and cannot move it.

What I can't figure out is that he was on the down-hill side of the bridge and surely he could have coasted it down to the wide shoulder/breakdown lane just 100m away. :?

If it was you, you were mentioned on all radio station traffic reports ! :LOL:

2. I hope it was Gozbil :LOL:

3. :LOL:

4. Just what I was thinking :LOL:

5. What? A hyosung broken down? Thats a new one! :p

I wonder if drivers would be as abusive if it was just a car broken down.

Something serious must have been wrong if they weren't able to push it.

6. Maybe he was freaked out by the traffic??

7. maybe he was hosting his own critical mass

i used to love doing those rides when i was in primary school.
    it helped shape me into the lovable rogue i am today

8. This always baffles me to. People have a slight bumper to bumper accident but they will stop the cars, get out and prance around in the lane for 30 minutes sorting out each others details. Why not move around the corner and clear the lane?

Not only that, but standing on a main road is downright dangerous. The first port of call should be to get yourself out of harms way.

9. Or got help lifting it over the barrier into the bay :grin:.

10. happy-054.
    :rofl:

11. it must of been an 05 model,cause the new ones dont break down.. :roll: :roll: :wink:

12. Regardless of the make of bike, I hope that this experience doesn't turn the person off riding.

13. may have had a brake locked on or a chain jammed in the case or a jammed gearbox.

14. It's pretty easy to imagine a stressed and panicked learner just not thinking about the option to pull in the clutch and roll it down a bit if it stopped.

15. :rofl:

16. what colour was it? probably was gozbil if its black and he is on his Ls too lol

17. Who is this gozbil and why am i the only one who dosn't know him/her?

18. Here ya go, read this thread

19. Well he has been awfully quiet today :grin: .

Go and read the latest Hyosung related threads and you should receive all the answers you need, and an explanation for the general mirth re the possibility that our stranded friend may have been him :wink: .

20. Read the thread pissed myself laughing ok now im evenn gunna say it!!!!!!
    Hope it was "GOZBIL" LOL.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.