Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

L of a weekend

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Fuzzy, Apr 16, 2007.

1. I spent last weekend over at HART Kilsyth attending the 2 day L's* course. I actually booked in a few weeks back but, due to my anticipated failure, I was too nervous to pre-post :shock:

I'd never ridden a bike before ever and had no idea whether I would be up to the challenge, but>>>

:grin: :grin: I passed ~ woo hoo :grin: :grin:

I must confess, I had to do a re-sit owing to a stoopid mistake first time around (apparently if you're turning left you actually have to indicate left, not right ~ go figure :oops: ) I blame my nerve-ridden state.

I still can't believe I've done it ~ yay me :grin:

*I still say it's L's, not Ls

2. Congratulations on passing!

3. Congrats on the pass, it's good to hear that you passed since I'm doing my Ls soon as well.

4. Remember to ride with confidence, not arrogance.

5.  Top
  6. congrats mate..... :beer:

7. Congrats Fuzzy....well done ! :beer:

8. Woohoo Fuzz! :grin:

9. Way to go Fuzzy smiley_dance. champion.

10. Congrats dude!
    :grin:
    Hoping to pass myself soon

11. WOOOHOOOOO

congrats mate!!

Tracey

12. Congrats :grin: :cool:

13. Nice Work Fuzzy!!

Congrats \:D/ :beer:

14. Thats excellent mate!

This is just the start of an amazing adventure!

Remember to take it one step at a time and learn from each experience.

15. Well about time! :p Congrat's Fuzzy!!

So - tell us - what bike are you getting?

16. congratz fuzz. woohoo... lets go for a ride when you get your bike :)

17. Thanks for the congrat's and the advice, guys :grin: Oh, and how cool is it that out of the 12 people in our group, 7 of them were girls including me. Girl power, grrrrrr :cool:

Mofo / Nuff ~ Good luck for your L's, I'm sure you won't have a problem. It's a fun weekend, enjoy it :cool:

SuiCid3 ~ I definitely won't be riding with arrogance, more like jelly legs. I'll work on the confidence :wink:

Scottatron ~ Very nice bike, but not quite what I'm looking for. Thanks anyway, I'm actually surprised you haven't sold it yet?

Rosie ~ I have to say I was a cruiser girl through and through and had my heart set on the best cruiser out there (you know what that is :wink: ). But since talking to the guys at HART, they kind of dissed the cruisers for learners due to the weight, sitting position, handling etc. and really played up the naked bikes with the VTR250 getting their No. 1 vote. Soooo now I'm back to square one and need to get out there, do some sitting and see what feels right. I have some penny saving to do anyways, so I'll have plenty of time for research :cool:

Cal ~ You're on. Hope you're enjoying your bike :grin:

Thanks again, everyone :)

18. I just caught up Fuzzy ....
    :woot:
    Congrats girl well done !!!!
    :biker:

Im sure when the time & money is right, the bike for you will let you know :wink: they kind of speak to you :shock: !

19. Thanks, nixon-chic. I believe you may be right :wink: