Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

L for Learner

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by dark8, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Finally got my learners!!!
    and getting bike on Saturday!!!
    My dream has come true!!!
    I keep thinking ill drop my bike on the first corner i do once i get it home...
    YAY!! so excited...i can finally ride and park anywhere i want! hahaha :LOL:

2. Oh the joy

Makes our petty squabbles seem rather poor, doesn't it? Let's never lose the happiness of our little secret, folks, riding bikes is better than any other form of transportation, and most other forms of recreation.
    Enjoy the moment, pal, and take lots of photos and post them for us, we want to share it with you. :LOL:

3. Well Done enjoy your new ride and keep the rubber side

Cheers 8)

4. HEY, you didn't tell us WHAT your new bike IS!! C'mon, we wanna know!

5. well done and dont think like that. you will be ok. go for it you will have a ball..

6. Congrats!!!

7. Sounds great dark8, I just got my first bike last Saturday, rain or shine been riding to work. New respect for the road, especialy the middle greasy bits.

8. Well done dark8 :D [-o< please not an across [-o< please not an across :p :wink:

9. nah...no across for me...wots wrong with them anyway? apart from them having and old 80's/early 90s look? r they disliked amongst the performance group or is it their reliability or what?

ive actually got my money on an MC21 NSR250. going 2 stroke baybee!!!!

10. Re: Oh the joy

Until they actually start making those hover boards from back to the future.. :LOL:

Congrats on the Learners.
    Just take it easy for a while until you get used to your bike and the traffic. you should be fine.

11. Their only fault is that they inspire jealousy in others. :LOL:

(Nah, they're good little jiggers - anything with a redline at 16,500 has to be good for a bit of fun. :) )

12. welcome and well done indeed Dark8

13. Welcome to the world of motociclismo
    Take it easy and you'll be fine. Every newb goes through the same trepidation

14. thanks guys, picked up my bike yesterday....
    got my friend to ride it back from the city...and it started raining (typical melbourne weather)
    so he got all drenched, i couldnt get any practise, and that was the end of the day.

Today went for a ride, im so surprised by how easy the bike turns in comparision to the ones i was learning on (some kinda dirt bike). Max speed of 80kph in the correct zone, but damn the thing gets there pretty quick. 2nd gear and about 3 seconds and im there already...geez...Love the feeling already and pretty confident going straight. Switching lanes is scary. Was so tempted to start splitting lanes, but too scared, so ill just take it easy and stay on the slow lane and be a law abiding motor cyclist for the time being.

I guess the worst thing about the bike is the headlights dont work unless i use high beam (which is kinda strange). Im sure there is a wiring problem so will have to look up some manuals.
    All in all it was a fun day! even if i only rode for about 1hr.