Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kymco Like 125

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Rebecca, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Hi Guys,

So i have gone away from the cheap and nasty bikes and have settled on (I think settled anyway) a Kymco Like 125. I like the Kymco brand and couple of Scooter sellers i have spoken to like Kymco also. Was also looking at a piaggio fly but like the look of the Kymco better. It is my first scooter and would probably like something with a bit more power but cost is a big factor for me at the moment. (And it's not like I am going to be doing any highway driving)

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Like's?

2. #3 kma_jg, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    One of my colleagues has one. Only did about 3k in a year with it. One off.
    Seems fairly good and it comes with a fair amount of storage space with the top box.
  3. Bought a Like 125 for my wife. I have rode it a bit before I got my motor bike and I thought it was really good.
    Obviously limited to 80km as a comfortable top speed. It does more but my emphasis is on comfortable. It is responsive. Brakes are good. It all depends on what your needs are. For buzzing around town, it's good.
    It's a forgiving little scooter.
    If you want any further info, feel free to PM me.
  4. Personally I will never ride a Kymco of any size again. The Australian distributor Mojo Motorcycles is terrible. My Kymco 500 has been in a shop for 12 weeks now waiting for transmission parts and am now told that the parts will not even leave Taiwan until the 18th of December 2015. I in fact have purchased a Yamaha Tmax and will dispose of the Kymco when and if it is ever repaired. Very disappointed.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I would go with an Apirilia if I were you - have owned a sport city 250 and the SR 300 Max - just can't beat either of them - great in city traffic and also out on the open road. Aprilia Scarab 200 going for around $5000. The Kymco 125 is $3500. Iw ould splash out on the extra and get a much better scooter. But that is personal preference.