Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kymco Espresso 150

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by motoc, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Oops, sorry I think I wrote in the wrong forum.

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this site, actually I'm new to scootering. Well I haven't actually started yet, I'm still at the research stage. Are there many "Espresso" owners?
    Is it a good start for just scootering around the "burbs"? Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

2. no mate, you wrote in the same forum twice
  3. Wait wait wait...we have a scooter sub-forum? It's a cold day in hell! :p
  4. Well you don't want em out with the general population do ya?

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk
  5. Welcome mate. Yes, you'll cop flack for even thinking about a scooter. Mind you, there are more than a few of us who started on scooters and ended up transferring to the side of the bad people.
    I had a 50cc when I was young and silly(er), after a break got a 100cc Honda Lead, then a 250 bike, now a 750. It'll end someday, at this rate with a triumph rocket.
    The good thing about scooters with a slightly higher cc is that they are a lot more useful. Firstly, they can keep up with traffic in more places. Secondly, they can accelerate (just) out of trouble, which gives you an option other than brakes and steering. Thirdly, they can take you places more interesting than just the 'burbs, which adds to the freedom. And that's what took me on into bikes.
    As for that particular scooter, sorry, wouldn't have a clue. I hope this is the start of a great two wheel adventure for you.
  6. Can I just say that those chinese bikes might look good now with an attractive price and will work great for about 6 months, unless they are looked after with as much care and attention as Harley riders give to their bikes, they won't last for very long.
  7. Are Kymco Chinese or from elsewhere in Asia? From what I've seen I don't think Kymco is a particularly small player in the scooter market.
  8. oh yeah actually scratch what I said before. my mistake. kymco are a twainese company, they have been around for a while especially in the scooter market, I *think* they manufactured parts for honda some while ago, maybe they still do?
  9. From a quick look on Wikipedia, they're from Taiwan ( so we can argue politics over the Chinese part), are Taiwans largest scooter manufacturer and the 5th largest scooter manufacturer in the world.
  10. All I know is they make rubbish motorbikes, not sure on the scooters
  11. Hi,
    Just wondering how your Espresso is going? Im thinking about getting a Kymco Like 125 (Cant really afford to upgrade to the espresso)
  12. get a honda or yamaha if going for a scooter, better still get a motorbike :)