Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

kx100 97 smoke problems, Removing rust?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Smit, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Hey, Does anyone know why my kx100 might be smoking so much? im still not to sure on the ratio. i've been running 30 to 1 litre. and i was wondering if anyone know the best way to remove rust from my Fatty Pipe?

2. 30 to 1 sounds a bit rich for me, i never went below 33 to 1 but normally use around 35 or 40 to 1 with most two strokes ive played with... Best way to mix fuel is to only mix a few litres at a time instead of doing a whole jerry can thats full to the top, it mixes much much better that way...

You can try using a hotter plug also if its fouling alot...

3. ok thanks sir. :p :shock: :p :shock: :p

4. run it rich! you be thankful in the long run, and its a two banger, its meant to smoke.....

the richer you run the longer it lasts :p

5. yeah, i know there meant to smoke, but a couple mates of mine both have 2-strokes and they smoke know where near as much as mine does.

6. I just re-read what you posted, 30 to 1 litre, are you mixing 30ml's to 1 litre of oil? Although 30:1 is almost 30mL's per L above or below that is quite a different measurement...

30 to 1 is actually 30 parts petrol to 1 part oil? 30:1 is actually 33.3mL's per litre which is close to where you were, but 35:1 or 40:1 will mean less oil for the same petrol...

33.3 mL's per L is 30:1
    28.5mL's per L is 35:1
    25mL's per L is 40:1

7. Quickly reading some gos' on the net 32:1 seems to be the consensus and aparently what the manual recomends.