Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

kwakaless and pining

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by nil_orally, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Well, it was running like a dog and using shedloads of fuel, so I took the VN800 into Floyd Parkes on Ferntree Gully Road for its 6000km service.

Before I would agree to them having it, I made them promise to wash their hands and warm their spanners first.

Last time I was there, I let them know the bike had jumped out of 2nd gear a couple of times under heavy acceleration (is there any other sort? :roll: ) They adjusted the clutch cable and it seemed to make it better - for a while. Well the biatch has been making a bit of a habit of it over the past few weeks, so a "waddayareckonguys" inquiry was in order.

The first hint of trouble was the cocked eyebrow and "ahhhh".
    "Known problem?" I asked.
    "Sounds like the worm gear. Done a few of these lately"

Well, upshot is it may take up to 3 weeks to get the bits. Will find out tomorrow. Upside is it's warranty 8) Down side, no bike :cry:
  2. So it's had a kwak up then???
  3. I think you're clutching at straws there, brother.......
  4. Sorry, thats a worn gear after 8000km's?
    There really is nothing quite like a Kwaka gearbox... 'cept for maybe a Yamaha exhaust system that rattles. (Just a stab at the FZR250 EXUP valve ;)).