Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kwaka w800 Exhaust - baffle removal

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Senno, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Hi All,

Someone please has to help!

I've had my Kawasaki w800 since february, and continue to love it - but the sewing machine stock exhaust is really starting to get to me. I'm very hesitant to fork out for aftermarket pipes, as a bit of research hasn't shown any that look worth it.

SO! I'm keen to try to remove the baffles but want a clear understanding of how to do it before tackling it. I've found write ups on how to do it for the 650, but understand the w800 exhaust is different.

Also - can I get some advice on any repurcussions removing the baffles might have (in terms of exhaust flow etc).

Thanks in advance! Great forums!
  2. Have u checked eBay. They have some very cheap generic slip on exhausts
  3. It will become a pita when you go to sell the bike. (unless you can get them out and back in again without destroying the pipe) Very few AM pipes are actually legal, and it's something they're about to jump all over.
    There's one here that has new pipes, actually sounds pretty kewl, like a Triumph with a bit more depth. The pipes look stock but shorter and a little more swept up.
  4. If you're on facebook join the "Kawasaki W800" group, there's a few people on there that have done the de-baffle. Wouldn't do it myself.
  5. Hello, I have the same model. Yes the pipes are very sanitised, and I've been looking to upgrade or modify. I have seen and heard the same bike without the baffles...it sounds terrible! And the process is not reversible, having to stop the O2 sensor and add further electric relays under the seat.

I intend to buy an old set w650 pipes then modify and swap...you are looking around the $600 mark on eBay.

Also look on YouTube, some guy has modified his with hole sand fibre glass...which doesn't sound too bad. So...hope all goes well. Grant.