Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kwaka GPX250 wiring problem i thinks

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by KwakaChic, Mar 2, 2005.

1. :( Well, not happy at all, bike has been out of action for over a week now, and i really am starting to miss the poor girl. Maybe someone can help with some information on fixing her if i tell you the problem.

Started when i went to get on the bike last tuesday, key in ignition, np, bike on, check, kill switch on and bike dies, loses everything. Wouldn't start at all after that for a good 5-10 minutes. Gave up and took the car to work.
    Had Nick check it out that night, did the same thing for him, then he left the kill switch to on before turning on the bike and it ran, but was sparking somewhere (could hear it). Fairings off the bike, figured out the sparking noise was coming from the fusebox, only on using the electric start (no kicker unfortuetly). Had an electrical wizz take fusebox apart, couldn't find the problem, (however when we just took out the fuses the bike stil ran, is it supposed to do this?)

Still trying to figure out what the problem might be. Nick seems to think it might be earthing on the frame. Would this cause the problem with electrics? Is this awfully dangerous?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks Manda :?
  2. Am I the only one that didn't find this funny? :p :p :p
  3. gday know how u feel i have my girl in pieces, all cause i cant get my headlight to stay on, or comon at least. but here is the link to the manual, u will have to upgrade adobe b4 u can get it.

ive got a zzr250 and this is as close i can get anywhere

if u want advice about life, i cant give it! cause im not very good at it...
  4. clicking from the fuse box area sounds like a misbehaving relay. I would check the starter motor relay especially. also check for water around the kill switch, wiring, and the relay.

I'd be interested to check it out actually