Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kwaka blue touch up paint

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by nooneuknow, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Hey all,
    Just wondering about touch up paint...
    Guy in bike shop told me there a no paint codes (I asked about identifying the colour cos cant see anything on compliance plate) and i dont have a service manual...BUT on the manual, would love one if someone knows where i could download or get a copy - 1995 zzr250

back to question - am i gonna be left to hit and miss w/ paint selection - got a couple of scratches i wanna tidy up....
    thanks in advance!! :D

2. Yeah - colour matching of bike paint by code can be a hassle. There's an auto paint supply on the corner of Blackburn & Dandenong Rds - the guys there are really good at colour matching by eye. Have done a couple for me - pretty much spot on. A large aerosol can is about $30 - or the same price for about a litre in a normal paint tin if I remember correctly. Other paint suppliers can probably do the same thing, but I've no first hand experience other than for the one in Clayton.

3. I'll have to check out the shop in clayton... But as for Kawasaki I have been told the new bike colors are almost impossible to mach something about color in the clear?? One thing I do know the Phantom purpule on Kawasakis is the same as the Ford Phantom purpule (or at least close)

4. try Original Finish
    Canterbury Rd Kilsyth
    anyone who can match a Kawasaki White Pearl
    (which they did for me) deserves a call....

hth

ciao

5. My paint colour code is on a sticker on one of the bars under my seat! NH 13 NH = Night Hawk!

6. You're better of getting it matched than trying to find the right colors anyway, if it's original paint it will have faded a fair deal, and if it's not original it could be any color.

7. not in melb...

unfortunately (in this case!...hehee) im not in melb, im in Sydney...
    not sure if ur aware of anywhere up here...i work in parramatta