Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park offroad riding

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by razzle, May 16, 2013.

1. Hi all,

I've just got my first dual-sport bike and was looking to take it offroad. It's a Kawa KLR 650. I'm going to Ku-Ring-Gai park area soon and thought I might as well have a ride in the park.

The official website lists several mountain bike and walking trails but doesn't mention motorcycles.

Has anyone done it before? Are there good trails and how legal is it?

2. Only legal on formed roads,there will be signs and rangers,big fines if you get caught going where you shouldn't.Costs $10 to pass the gate at well.There is riding done in a similar area but closer to the coast,still not real legal so I wont mention where.And anyway not a hope of a 650,unless your first name is Taddy and you can handle 600mm vertical stepups.
    There is a some pleasant fire road accessing some lookouts at Glenbrook out past the Ranger Station in The Blue Mountains National Park.There is The Wadigans State forest out the back of Wyong as well.Your best bet is to go to Adventure Rider website and check out the OZ section.Its more fun and safer to ride with others when heading offroad.BTW there is a ride to St Aubans listed here on Saturday for breky,there is a dirt road that starts behind the pub and ends on Wollombi Rd,turn right and head home via The Old Rd