Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

KTM 690 Enduro- LAMS Approved (QLD)

Discussion in 'Adventure/Enduro' at netrider.net.au started by shumba08, Jul 17, 2009.

1. I am hoping somebody will be able to help me (KTM Australia can't!!). After doing some research i decided on the new 690 enduro.

I found it wasn't LAMS approved (or updated to include this model) so after contacting my local KTM dealer he got back to me to say that KTM Aus were not submitting to the LAMS Scheme anymore and it would be up to the individual to apply (What ????).

This would require me to get it dynoed etc. This would be expensive and then what if it wasn't approved?

In my research i haven't been able to get the specs in relation to KW per Tonne. I know it falls beneath the 660 ml or cc required.

I was able to find out (not from KTM) that the performance equals 46.3 KW/7500 rpm and 64nm/6000 rpm.

These specs are close although slightly higher than similiar competitors that are LAMS approved (xt660,klr650 suzuki dr650se ,Husqvarna Te610).

I also know that the previous model (LC650) is approved and apparently the new model has the same motor.

i only want to find out if it "could " be LAMS approved and if not fine, i look into other models. Although after the responses from KTM i'll probably do that anyway. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks