Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ktm 1290 Superduke R

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by JimmyD, Nov 14, 2012.

1. http://blog.ktm.com/bikes/ktm-eicma-show-stopper-1290-super-duke-r/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the specs are a bit hazy still.

word that is getting around is that it should be 180hp plus, no word on weight yet. but given that the 990 was around 186kg then this thing should be lighter than that hopefully.

DO WANT

• Like Like x 3
  2. It's pretty outrageous looking, not going to blend in with the crowd on one of those :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. It is still only a prototype/concept. Hopefully they don't change the way it looks too much, though.

4. Bet you're drooling :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. God i love this thing! was let down that it was only a prototype, hopefully it comes through!

6. Bless 'em.

7. melt ya face dubstep wubwubwub

That bike is fcuking sick, i would go into significant debt to purchase that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I reckon they'll change that rear tail and make it so that it has a pillion seat. Unfortunately.

9. The hoon bike just got hooner :)

10. Traction control anti stoppie anti wheelie - kinda ruins the whole point of it.

11. Switchable...

12. It should say that owners have the option of turning them on, not off.

• Like Like x 1
  13.  Top
    • Like Like x 1
  14. That looks good, the only thing I'd change is the headlight. The prototype had it low down and a much smaller unit, which I think really added to the whole look of the bike

15. I'll be honest, I'm not terribly into these bikes - but this looks awesome.

Only disappoints me that the exhaust was moved, it takes a little away from the single swing arm look.

16. I agree on the looks, however the prototype pictured at the top of the thread doesn't have a headlight, that's actually a camera.

17. Ah, I thought that was a tiny single headlight. Plus I wish it had an undertail exhaust, something about that exhaust just looks out of place to me.

Perhaps it just needs more orange...

18. The only thing I don't like is "rider by wire". Got it on my R1 and its awful

19. there will likely be some sort of fix?- but then you really shouldnt have to fix something like that should you? should already be sorted.

there is something not quite right about that white paint- just no damn good... needs to lose that pipe too. the pipes on that prototype look amazing.