Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

KTM 1290 Superduke R released!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by JimmyD, Oct 3, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

Basic Specs
    1,301cc v twin
    180hp @ 8,870rpm
    144nm and over 100nm from 2,500rpm
    189kg without fuel
    18 litre tank

0 - 200km/h in 7.2 seconds. a fcuking quick naked bike!!

licence? what licence?

this is not a bike for soft cocks. it has only 9nm less torque than a yamaha vmax but is over 100kg lighter.

and the oil change intervals are out to 15,000km.

and yes. i've put down a deposit.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. @BitSar woo hooooooooooooooooo.....................
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. 144nm haha might be best torque to weight ratio on the market
  4. Its an absolute beast of a bike. If i wasn't having a child and saving for a house i'd be all over it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. From the blurb:

"Racing-level deceleration – with optimum ABS for emergencies

Fast bikes need good brakes – the KTM 1290 Super Duke R bears the best. Brembo M50 monoblock callipers bite powerfully with perfect application into 320 mm brake discs – assisted in the event of an emergency stop by Bosch ABS that's imperceptible in normal operation, even when riding full throttle. Except of course in Supermoto mode: ABS up front; freedom to slide at the rear!"

That sounds like sophisticated ABS - can't seem to find out much more about it, but I'm assuming it's the equivalent of the BMW1000RR.

Other sources:

With Combined-ABS and Brembo M50 monoblock calipers there should be no trouble stopping again, while the ABS also boasts different modes... Then there’s Supermoto ABS for drifters, and it can be switched off if you think you can out brake Bosch’s finest... Front Brake: 2 x Brembo M50 four piston radial calipers, 320mm discs, with Bosch 9ME Combined ABS
    Rear Brake: Brembo single caliper

It’ll slow down too. Braking comes from the same Brembo M50 Calipers and 320mm discs as the Ducati 1199 Panigale S, just with one big difference: Supermoto Mode! That disables ABS at the rear, enabling you to back it into corners. No word on whether or not the bike as Bosch’s new cornering ABS system, but that company is supplying the ABS system, so fingers crossed.

It comes with Brembo M50 calipers and 320 mm discs with ABS, and has a trick ride-by-wire traction control system. This system can be adjusted between "Sport", "Rain," and a nifty "Supermoto" mode, which disables the rear ABS and allows the rider to have some tail-out fun in the bends.

It features 48mm upside-down WP front forks, abd a WP unit at the rear. It also features a slipper clutch, Bosch combined ABS with the latest recently announced MSC stability system and the same traction control system from the 1190 Adventure. It features a 'Supermoto' mode which disables the rear ABS, allowing you to slide.

If it has the MSC as well as all the open and shut ABS implementation possibilities... then well, it will be a beast and then some.
  6. Oh mama.
    I'm a bit scared of what I might do.
  7. it makes the same torques at 2,500rpm as my 990 superduke does at its peak.

and anyone that's ridden a 950/990 road bike knows what a grunty fun bike they are..

at least having the mufflers to the side means you don't have to deal with all the rubber from burnouts being stuck to them, its a constant battle with mine.
    • Like Like x 1

8. Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby.....

I need a towel.....
    And a divorce.....
    And dancing girls....

9. It would appear that KTM has little regard for the safety of kittens :devil:
  10. What are they going for?
  11. Omfg!! Want!!!

Anyone know whet the price will be?
  12. Will be around $25k based on what the adventure and the RC costs.
  13. I now have a bad case of the wants.
    It's hideous and scares me but I don't care.
  14. Been looking at these or the 1190 Adventure (19" front wheel but)...for when the SMT gets tired - they have dropped the SMT/SMR :(
    By then there will be used 1290's around at a good price - KTM road bikes usually depreciate fairly quickly.
    My horrendous budgeting skills don't favour new bike purchases.
  15. There's definitely a new Number 1 on my 'When the Lotto fairy smiles on me' chart...
  16. Saw this today if anyone missed it ... although its upright it looks like you need to adopt an rc8 style riding position if you want any hope of keeping the front wheel on the ground haha

Not a huge fan of the headlight assembly and tail but def wouldnt kick it out of bed. Cant thank of one good reason not to buy one in fact.

17. its safe to say that I NEED this bike
  18. Look so much better than the all white teaser pics a while back, I really REALLY want one
  19. There will be faster, better handling, higher tech, sexier looking bikes around,
    BUT that absolute hooligan factor.......I remember nearly 40 years ago I got into riding bikes coz it was fun - not much has changed.
  20. [​IMG]

That is all....
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1