Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Krusty get's his L's

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by pvda, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Found the following on mcnews.com.au today.

He’s one of the fastest men on two wheels in this country, but until yesterday, Adam “Krusty” Fergusson didn’t have a permit to ride on the road.

“Its just one of those things,” the 2004 Australian Dual Superbike and Supersport Champion said. “I’ve been meaning to do it for years and never got around to taking the test until now.”

Like any other member of the public who undertakes the learner permit test at HART, Krusty had to successfully complete a written exam as well as a series of skills based manoeuvres including slow speed cornering and emergency braking.

“It was a little strange having to think about using the indicators,” the 31 year old mused.

In addition to going for his L’s, Adam also participated in a photo shoot on the day for a Victorian RoadSafety council initiative to promote safety.

Adam will feature on a billboard along with the Championship winning Honda CBR1000RR and another road going bike with the message that wearing the right gear is vital, regardless of the terrain.

“I do think its important to be safe on the road. I’ve had a few mates that have learned the hard way because they didn’t do the right thing. Riders need to get formal training, wear good gear and behave responsibly because its very different than riding on a track. There are too many unknowns.”

As a licensed rider, Adam will also now be available to participate in a number of Honda promotional initiatives.

“Adam is a great ambassador for the sport of motorcycle racing in this country,” said Honda Motorcycles’ General Manager Tony Hinton.

“He is also someone who is highly respected by many road riders for his skill and positive attitude.”

“We congratulate Adam for getting his permit, and are looking forward to getting him more involved in various activities throughout the year.”
  2. Good that the artical is promoting safe riding in there as well.
    Oh, and I'm not going to try to keep up with him in the twisties :D
  3. Shouldn't be too hard, after all he can only ride a 250 until he gets off his L's & P's :wink:

Remember he races 600 & 1000cc bikes on weekends :p

Edit: Oh look, Post number 1100...