Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Krispy Kreme's - Fountain Gate

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Azz, May 22, 2006.

1. Does anyone know if the 24hr Krispy Kreme's at Fountain Gate has opened??

From another thread it was mentioned that it was to open today (I think)... if someone can confirm this then I think I'll be making a midnight run for some KK's :grin:
  2. Make sure your bike is road worthy and make sure that arn't speeding when you get there. :grin: :grin: :grin:
  3. :LOL: check, and check... off to get me some KK :grin:

I hope mr plod leaves enough stock behind the counter :wink:
  4. Wow, that's going to be a really dissappointing ride down to Fountain Gate from what i just read on the Krispy Kreme's website.

Krispy Kreme Australia

... or more specifically the PDF flyer that states that the store will be opening on the 22 June at 6:30 am..

Fountain Gate Opening Flyer

Having said that... and looked at the catalogue... damn do i want a dozen assorted iced donuts now! :wink: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  5. "Do-nuts. Is there anything they can't do??"

Homer Simpson, Monorail episode
  6. mmmm chocolat donutse ;)
  7. Can we do a KK run one evening? I'm hanging for one of those Krispy Kreme doughnuts. We could call it a doughnut run where we don't actually DO doughnuts but consume them instead. (I wouldn't know how to do a doughnut anyway!)

Then we can do a hot chocolate run to wash down the doughnuts.

It could be a progressive feast!

YUM :dance:
  8. THey taste good!! If we're doing a run I'll be there!! Wheee! MMMMMmmmm... KK's... mmmmm...
  9. The idea of a netrider "snack run" has been talked about a few times. A midnight dash around the suburbs sampling the best junk food that our fine city has to offer.

I think once this store is open it will become a regular event !!
  10. Pizza, souvlaki and KKs!!!

Great idea. :grin:
  11. Have any of you tasted them, they are unadulterated GARBAGE !

Over priced, extremely overrated rings of sugary lard.

I lived in Penrith NSW when they opened Australia's first KK Store in the carpark of Panthers. The lines were so long out fo the doors for the first 4-6 weeks, staff would walk along with tray after tray of plain iced dog-nuts giving one to each person while they waited, getting them hooked on the free stuff first.

KK's location in Penrith was based on the fact that per capita, it represented the highest average weight with the highest average disposable income in the State. Looks like they've followed suit in Victoria.

Go along and make your own mind up, but as a tip, if you don't have your expectations set high, don't be surprised if you're still be disappointed and let down.
  12. I was also going to post a ride up for it... however it goes for like 4 days of celebrations... would love to try be there for the opening tho :)
  13. being from Perth i dont understand the obcession with krispy kremes. what is it with these particular ones that is so good?
  14. Girl: Aloha! Would you like a free sample?

Homer: The price is right! [stuffs them furiously into his mouth]
    Mmm.. Ooh.. Macamadamia nuts.

Girl: If you'd like to buy some, they're only a dollar each.

Homer: Oh, so that's your little plan. Get us addicted, then jack
    up the price! [as he talks, cookie crumbs splatter out of his
    mouth, dirtying up his shirt] ... [meekly] Well, you win.

I like the plain KKs best. I get my annual requirements of sugar, fat and cholestorol in one handy donut-shaped package...
  15. hmmm Sydney replica of the calorie run Dante?????
  16. If it eventuates you can count me in.
  17. someone told me there thinking of opening one in knox
  18. cool :grin:

I'll be right in the middle of the Fountain Gate and Knox KK's... can c myself putting on a few extra kg's during winter :wink:
  19. Having seen the KK's in sydney airport, I can't see what the fuss is about.

What makes em so diff from Donut kings?

20. KK's have an awesome variety and they're quality... don't know what you guys are b*tching about :shock: one of my fav's is the glazed devil's doughnut... first choice for chocolate lovers :grin: although the original glazed doughnuts hit the spot too :grin:

I'm not knocking Donut King, I go there everytime I'm at the shops but they just don't seem to have the range that KK's have... but what they do have is good... love my banana custard doughnut :grin: