Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Knowledge on IXRace exhausts in Aus?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by anthonygc, Sep 9, 2016.

1. HI - I ride a 2015 z800 and considering changing the exhaust. Mostly to alter the sound a bit and I don't like the bulky look/feel of the stock exhaust. Researching online I found the IXRace Z7 looks great on the z800 and from what youtube can show me sounds good too. Seems like I'd have to import it from France.

But I'm struggling to know if it's street legal in Australia? And how/where I can go to find out?

Cheers :)

2. I think you will be good. I have got away with Brawlers for a while, which cannot be legal anywhere except North Korea if Kim Jung 111 personally endorses them. The website states that they are legal in Europe, and they have some hefty requirements.

3. Yep they sound good and the built quality is also good. The systems are certified legal in Europe as long as the the E number has been stamped into the can and the Cat and DB killer have not been removed. As already mentioned by Derek the legal requirements in Europe are way more strict then here in AUS but I guess that does not mean its legal here.

4. Thanks. I figure that it's a kind of take you're own risk situation. If it's not something crazy then the cops won't probably ever stop you unless they're being nasty or you just get unlucky at a breath test or something. I passed a bunch in the Royal National Park last weekend doing a RBT just inside the park. I figure it was a cover to pull over bikes/cars and see if they could defect something.

5. Thanks for the details. You had one installed? They don't seem common here at all.. And the service shop I'm talking with are telling me they're not legal and won't install :( I could attempt to install myself but thinking to wrap it in with my next service maybe.
    Yeah I guess something being legal here in this case is less about it meeting general requirements (like if it meet's Europe's then it would ours like you say) and more about it being a recognized manufacturer / product. The shop only tells me Akropovic and Arrow are legal for my bike.

6. I'm guessing the shop sells arrow and akra as well...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Possibly... good point..