Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

know someone who can print a AutoCAD 2004 drawing to PDF?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by matt232, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Hi All,

Got a client who needs an AutoCAD 2004 Drawing turned into a PDF. Anyone know a person or business that can do this?

Vic or Steve don't suppose you guys could do this?

thanks Matt

2. matt check your pm's i sen tyou my work email, just email me through the drawing

cheers stewy

3. Re: know someone who can print a AutoCAD 2004 drawing to PDF

www.pdf995.com

Install it, then you just use the print option in any application, and choose "PDF 995" as your printer. It create a PDF document of what you are printing :)

4. Was going to tell you what mouth said, but if you have adobe acrobat that installs a pdf printer also, print to that to make PDF's...

5. Re: know someone who can print a AutoCAD 2004 drawing to PDF

They already have a similar program setup but the draftsman they have is a little long in the tooth and not real quick with computers so they were looking to pay someone to get it done quickly.

6. Re: know someone who can print a AutoCAD 2004 drawing to PDF

lol

Tell them to print (Ctrl+P normally)

Then in the next window click on the printer it will drop down a white box, in there should be a PDF or adobe printer of some kind, select it and print to that... It will normally ask for a filename or save it to a predetermined spot (usually in my docs)

can't be too hard....

7. tried that but I'm told it would take the bloke 1/2 day to sort it out. Could be more to it than they are telling me.......

I'm hoping I haven't dropped Stewy into some crap work.....

8. Is it only 1 drawing or many?

for 1 drawing i can do it tomorrow, as i am at a civil3D training course today. or if its more than one, i know a drafting company that may do it for you?

9. just had a look and my computer has pdf writier on it. pm me and i will give you my email.

10. I think it was going to be a few drawings for a project. So depending on how Stewy gets put out by them it might end up with the drafting company, unless nil_orally isn't phased by it. I suspect there will be ongoing work so it could turn into a nice way for someone to fund some toys.

11. Re: know someone who can print a AutoCAD 2004 drawing to PDF

Can do it providing they change the resolution to high res then export them as a .dwg autocad file.

I can print 1.1m wide and as long as want.

12. Matt, email it to me if you're still havin problems.

13. ROFLMAO

14. matt still no word from these people.........

maybe they figured out how to use there computer :p

15. Re: know someone who can print a AutoCAD 2004 drawing to PDF

I'm not familiar with autocad, but can you print at all? (i.e. to a printer)

If so, there should be the "print to file" option somewhere, which will leave you with a postscript file (.ps). Then you'd use ps2pdf to convert to pdf. :)

16. Re: know someone who can print a AutoCAD 2004 drawing to PDF

Some how I doubt this is going to work for them, they are in "Pay someone else to do it quickly mode." Throwing this at them isn't going to help.

17. Re: know someone who can print a AutoCAD 2004 drawing to PDF

I was going to say the same thing until I read a bit further down the thread and saw a few othres beat me too it.

PDF995 rocks, I use it all the time and after the intial free download off the 'net it's as simple as changing printers when you print the doc.

18. Turns out that there is over 30 drawings so I think thats pushing the friendship with stewy a little. I've given them your website Steve and the guys that Bix sent me so they'll probably call to have a chat, however I think they are looking for someone to help with the formatting.

Anyone else keen to take on that many drawings?

19. What type of drawings are they? mech? Civil?

20. Civil, commercial plumbing and fire protection.