Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Know of a scenic ride from Hornsby area to the Mountains?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by VC, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Heading up to the Blue Mtns tomo. Just wondering if any of you Sydney riders know of a nice route other than the M4.

2. Depends on how much a detour you want to do.

Bells Line Road runs from Richmond to Lithgow, but then you'd have to spin back a bit, prob about 30 klicks. Ypu can get to Windsor from Hornsby down the back roads.

If you are based in Hornsby give the Old Pacific Highway a whirl, but bet you've already done that :0
  3. You betcha! (I don't know if there are many Syd riders who haven't done the OR...). Though, admittedly, I have only done it once.

Yeah, had a look on the map re: the Bells Line Of Road. Might take the back roads thru to Richmond then head thru Yarramundi rather than the BLofR... don't need to get that far along the mountains. But a great day for a leisurely scenic ride!!
  4. I was up the road through the Yarramundi Pass on Saturday. There are some great hairpins through there. :D