Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Knock & Runners

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by cam77, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Second time in 2 months - bike got knocked over by a cager, and they did the bolt

Second time in 2 months I've had a witness :LOL:

Will be filing my 2nd police report.

2. You need to do a better job of tangleing the bike around thier rear axles so they can't do the runner.

Not sure what goes through thier head to pull a runner : (
  3. That's the inner west for you, they don't only do it to bikes either.........

Regards, Andrew.
  4. thats not good - maybe park it somewhere else?
    i thought this thread was about kids knocking and running... oh the glory days back then.
  5. LOL, that's the first thing I thought of too.

That sucks cam77 - at least you have a 3rd party witness to make these pricks pay.
  6. Your bike must be getting a reputation, people are aiming for it.... time to offload and get another one..
  7. Cam, just lay a spike strip around your bike when you park it, so whoever knocks over your bike won't be getting away to fast. :)
  8. You're assuming they are even aware that they have hit something.
  9. Fair assumption when my witness saw them get out of the car, put the bike back on it's stand and drive off??

And the first time it happened was outside a pub, and half of the pub heard it - can't see why someone 2 metres from 160kg of falling metal can't put 2 and 2 together ?

10. Actually never got knocked over in the inner west..!!

First time was in Kirribilli and second time in Cremorne. Must be the extra granny quota on the Northside .. ??
  11. i sure hope you get your bike fixed....a dude backed in to my car once and then tried to pull a swifty and say he didnt notice/didnt do it. shoulda seen his face when i fronted him :grin: