Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Knight Rider 2008

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Bluesuede, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Anybody seen this? Just aired in the US last month.

I just watched it, and as a fan of the original series, found it pretty enjoyable. Even has a cameo from the Hoff.

And the car is wicked - no longer a Pontiac TransAm, but a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR. A totally new KITT, voiced this time by Val Kilmer.

knight-rider-2008-mustang.

Official site is here

It's a telemovie, but its suspected of course that a series will follow before long (and the ending definitely anticipates one). Not exactly highbrow stuff, but less cheesy than the original series :grin:

2. I just want to know why KITT has more little winglets than any self-respecting JGTC car? :)

3. That is a seriosly FUGLY Car

4. Yeah, I have the pilot/first episode !

It is a little gay !

A big Ford Motor Company advertising program !
    All the vehicles used are Fords. . . like the baddies chase KITT in Ford Expeditions and Explorers.
    Even the back ground cars are Ford, or either a Volvo or Jaguar - both owned by the Ford Motor Co.

Has totally unbelieveable crap it in like KITT has a nano-technology construction, able to morph to other Mustangs and even absorb/deflect bullets. And some super-boost mode which allows KITT to do 400km/h or something stupid like that on normal roads. The engine technology thing is also crap ! . . does 0.005L per 100km or something like that beause KITTs outer skin is a solar panel . . . . blah, blah, blah !!

David Hasslehoff makes an appearance at the end of the episode ! - that was kinda cool because it explains how the new series is linked to the original.

Bring back Airwolf !

5. LOL next you'll be telling me the original series was believable? The technology was even more far fetched in that :grin:

As I said, not exactly highbrow entertainment, but was kind of enjoyable in that guilty sort of "I know its crap but I like it anyway" sort of way :LOL:

6. Bring back Street Hawk!

7. yeah, in those terms . . . maybe !

Just like the movie Bring It On !
    :grin:

8. Gee he's come up in the world.

9. Hey, now you guys have another reason to get together friday nights!
    Besides
    x446.

10. You mean you're willing to part with it for a night? Geez, how generous of you! Don't worry, we'll return it wrapped in its cover of tinfoil that you keep it in. :roll:

12. Geez... don't waste any time do you Pro-Pilot.

The poor bastard only just died... :roll:

13. I got to sit in and chat with the original KITT car in Universal Studios. It was cool. :) Whereas this car I wouldn't go near with a 10 foot pole :shock: