Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Knife Throwing Mum.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 2up, Feb 28, 2009.

1. #1 2up, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. carny people have been doing that for generations, what's the big deal?
  3. i can spot a few potential problems
  4. Might be a good vid to have the kids watch when they misbehave :LOL:
  5. +1
  6. These days the mother would be brought up on child abuse charges,
    How times change.
  7. and for the better. its definitely child abuse
  8. By that rationale' so is a family circus act, or someone like Costa Tzu training his son. You're more likely to be to judging the fact knives are used here amongst minors, but the lady has a talent and the wee ones didn't seem to be chained down crying whilst against the board. I'd say they had total trust and faith in their parent.
  9. of course a child has trust in their parents, thats a natural instinct. children follow their parents even when the parents are doing stupid things because the child knows no better.

shes clearly endangering the child for entertainment and profit....that seems a little warped doesnt it?

from the video she didnt even have a very good aim
  10. here see the folly of reading today's standards onto the people of the past; smee is right....
  11. I'm not agreeing that what the mother is doing is right but jusdging the social mores of the 50's as opposed to today.
    The other should not be charged with child abuse as I'm 100% convinced she loves her children but the practise of throwing knives at them scares the shit out of me.
    Some Carnies are crazy.
  12. And we say..."if you don't eat your vegetables, this is what will happen"
  13. It should be encouraged in some suburbs
  14. Awesome! She's a bit close though, & wheres the blindfold? :grin:
  15. What about the folly of reading yesterday's standards onto the people of today? :?: