Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

knee sliders?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by removed-6, Sep 13, 2007.

1. What's the difference between a $80 knee slider and a $30 one? Do they last longer?

2. Did one have "Joe Rocket" on it while the other was blank?

3. "last longer" depends on how much pressure you put on them when you are cornering. My advanced trainer guys said "it's NOT to hold the front of the bike up, it's to let you know how far leaned over you are." As such, a featherlight touch is sufficient and any slider will last you ages.

They also said "Notice how Rossi wears 2 sliders on his right knee?" (2005/06 I think) "Thats not because he's hard on them, at the end of the race they are barely touched. It's because the bike can't lean over as far on the right side because of the muffler. That way he gets earlier warning that he's about to touch down".

I have found that the main difference between sliders is "bling", ie. branding, logos, titanium bolts in for producing sparks, etc. That said, the finish of the more expensive ones is usually very nice.

4. Here's one difference.

wornsliders.

5. Wow I didn't think anyone could be that shoddy as to make a slider full of holes... I'll check that from now on.

6. Starting to see holes in my left alpinstar slider. Not my right, suck at right handers.
    There must be a reason for the hole, but i cant think of any.