Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Knee protectors - numbness in shins

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by dajarra, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Just want to know if anyone has had this problem.

I bought some Knox knee protectors, wore them all Saturday while riding my new bike, that night i noticed a bit of numbness from the bottom of my knee to mid shin. One leg more than the other.

Still the same the next morning but i put the knee protectors on and rode all day sunday with them on... it made it worse and now there's a "twitch" in my shins when extend and bring back my lower legs.... hard to explain but anyone have any problems with knee protectors?

2. Sounds like you're pinching a nerve with the fastening. Are they tightening up too much once you are on the bike?

3. They're light and comfortable... when you're on the bike you don't even notice them which might be the problem.

4. When I started to wear my Fox MX knee/shin protectors, it took a while for the straps to soften up. Nowdays, I can wear them all day on or off the bike. As long as the protectors aren't too loose and don't slide around when worn, you should be fine.