Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Knee pads over their pants?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Jane Deaux, Apr 20, 2016.

1. So, I have checked online for most stores [in Australia] and haven't found what I'm looking for. Does anyone wear knee armor/knee pads over their pants? Looking for the over option for when skimping on kevlar jeans. Would still like to be able to keep my knees protected.

Please & thank you

2. Yes, I have only been able to find ones you wear under your clothes >.< would be nice to be able to put them over stuff that way take them off when you get to where you're going.

The site as a very detailed dealers list which is very helpful, thank you

3. Yeah I've got some knee pads that go in the draggin jeans and they're so uncomfortable that I just never wear them. It worries me a bit, I'd like some more protection but can't handle the bunching at the back of the knee when the pad is in the front knee pocket. Maybe the strap on ones are a bit more comfortable... In any case, the new leathers will be ready in a week or two and it's getting colder now so shouldn't have to worry about it for a good four or five months :)

4. Just get the velcro (under) ones and put tension buckles on the straps. Then they should stay put in a slide.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I went on a group ride a few weeks ago and there were a bunch of guys wearing strap on knee armour, I'll ask about it next time I see them and let you know

6. Thanks man! Appreciate it :)

7. Not just your knees to worry about in an off - bite the bullet, get kevlar or proper overpants, better to sweat or look a bit daggy than bleed, pretty girls don't want to be "scarred up"

8. Something like this?

Icon Cloverleaf Knee Sliders

icon_cloverleaf_detail.

Vid in the link shows it being worn over jeans. It's overseas but you'd think sizing on something like this wouldn't be critical.

That sounds like an interesting party.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Well I haven't been back for a few weeks for obvious reasons ;-)

• Funny Funny x 2