Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kmart $7 leather gloves!

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by jord4231, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Ok I know these are not the best protective gloves but I thought for $7 I would share they certainly made my ride home a lot happier than my ride to work this morning when the stitching on my old motorbike gloves came undone!
    Heated grips felt like they warmed my entire hand with these not just my palms like my bulky old gloves

Attached Files:

2. I'm not some wear the gear nazi but just for your reference they won't do a lot in advent of an off.
    The reason your hands were so warm is because the leather is so thin.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. #3 jord4231, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Totally agree, I'm not saying these are a good choice for safety at all , But this is all I had to get me home tonight so it was better than nothing

• Like Like x 1
  4. Are you sure they were leather and not pleather ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Well I'll tell you what If they aren't leather I'll see kmart in vcat! lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. $7 in a bind is acceptable...for a once off, just don't come off :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. That's is plus I'll keep them at work for the cold mornings / just incase

8. Wouldn't expect Kmart to stock them, good call. Its worth spending money on good gloves.
    Doesn't take much to burn through layers, my off resulted in holes down to the insulation on thick gloves.

Good gloves will have multiple layers of leather on the palms and will be double stitched to stop it splitting at the minimum and possibly padding or guards to protect your fingers. Not sure how well leather gardening gloves will fare!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Those gloves are good for walking the dog on a brisk morning but zero road rash protection.

BUT I guess if they keep your hands supple enough to operate the controls, you are a safer rider with them than without them.

• Like Like x 1