Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1. Though this might sound odd to some people here,

I have a 97 KLR 250 that I almost forgot about. Ive had the damn thing for a while now and pretty much used it as a paddock basher.

I dont mind the bike, not the fastest but a smooth ride and has reasonable pulling power for a 250.

So the bike used to be registered and im thinking about registering it again. But its far too boring. What would people's opinion on changing this bike into a sort of supermoto, road machine?

Could this be done, What would be needed? Any opinions would be great. I was thinking of a new exhaust and the bike is in need of some new fairings. But I have a pretty sizeable budget, considering im on my P's its hard to convince the parentals to let me buy that Cagiva Mito ive always wanted. Any opinions would be great, just looking to be different.
  2. Duck,
    chookies make great learner bikes, good vis, great lean angle available etc.

Sounds like you will be upgrading ASAP anyway so I'd say spending dough on motarding your KLR could be better spent on good gear or saved for the next big thing.

Check the forums at http://supermotard.net.au for ideas on what you can do and what it'll cost.